Ontario Centres of Excellence’s Market Readiness Product Launch Program helps emerging start-up companies commercialize promising technologies developed in an Ontario publicly funded academic research institution. OCE seeks applications for later stage Market Readiness projects to support companies at the product launch phase.
• Fri May 25 , program guidelines available.
• Fri June 22, submission deadline.
• Up to $250,000 per opportunity.
• Investments for Ontario’s priority sectors in advanced heath technologies, advanced manufacturing, ICT and the environment sector. Only start-ups with core intellectual property (IP) from an academic institution may apply.
• Investments from the Special Energy Fund for transformative energy technologies including energy data management, energy storage, and grid-control and management technologies. Start-ups and early stage energy companies may apply (academic IP or other).
• A convertible debenture will be issued. Investment by a third party is required.
• This is a competitive process; those that apply may not be approved for investment.
• Further rounds may be announced.
For Special Energy Fund:
Director, Industrial Engagement
(613) 726 3420 x4262
For Other Sectors:
Director, Commercialization and CCR
(416) 861-1092 x1010
(416) 861-1092 x3233