The catalyst for advancing ideas, connections and innovation into commercial success
Following the successful outcomes of the MedEdge 2011 Call for Proposals and building on the interest generated at the 2012 MedEdge Summit on June 14 in York Region, the Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE), in partnership with ventureLAB, is inviting participants of MedEdge Summit 2012 to participate in a competitive Call for Expressions of Interest to support partnerships between companies and Ontario post-secondary institutions in the growing Medical Devices and Life Sciences sectors.
Focused on driving innovation in York Region and across Ontario, ventureLAB and OCE together are seeking applicants for this unique competitive program support offering.
OCE funding can be applied through several existing programs:
- Market Readiness supports the further development of Intellectual Property (IP) from Ontario universities, colleges, and teaching hospitals by assisting in the various stages towards commercialization. Investments can range from a minimal $10k to a maximum of $200k per project. Applicants can apply for different levels of funding depending on the stage of their business.
- Technical Problem Solving involves short‐term projects between companies and academic researchers that address specific technical challenges or opportunities identified by the company. Funding of up to $25,000 for projects typically 6 – 12 months in duration.
- Collaborative Research for projects with emphasis on technical research challenges, demonstrated market pull, and high potential for commercialization, this program leverages the unique capabilities of Ontario academic research teams. Up to $100,000 funding per year for up to two years.
- July 12, 2012 Call for Expressions of Interest announcement
- August 3, 2012 On-line application due for OCE feedback
- August 13, 2012 Review of EOIs and invitation to applicants for full proposal
- August 31, 2012 Full proposals due to OCE
- September 28, 2012 Internal/External reviews
- October 12, 2012 Decision on awards
Follow the application link below and complete the brief form before 5:00pm, Friday, August 3, 2012. Successful applicants will be notified and be given instructions for completing a full on-line OCE proposal application.
For any questions, please contact:
Business Development Manager, OCE
Tel: (416) 861-1092 x2425
Client Services Manager, ventureLAB
Tel: (905) 248-2722