Ontario Government Boosting Support for Entrepreneurs, Creating Jobs
May 15, 2013 3:10 p.m. | Ministry of Research and Innovation
Ontario is making it easier for people to start and grow successful businesses by streamlining and improving its business support services.
- Since 2007, Ontario’s three advisory networks helped launch and grow close to 72,500 companies, and helped create or retain almost 200,000 jobs.
- The new network will give entrepreneurs access to business advisors, strategists and market analysts in 86 offices across Ontario.
- Ontario has invested $3.6 billion in research and innovation across the province since 2003.
- The 2013 Ontario Budget proposes to establish a Youth Jobs Strategy of $295 million over two years to create jobs and mentorship opportunities for about 30,000 youth and promote entrepreneurship and innovation.
- The government is holding consultations on the Youth Jobs Strategy across the province throughout May.
Minister of Research and Innovation
“MaRS and the Investment Accelerator Fund have been instrumental in helping Gridcentric unlock the power of its incredible technology. From day one, they’ve helped match Gridcentric’s innovation with the research support, advisory services and connections to capital and talent necessary to help turn Gridcentric from a University of Toronto research project into a thriving software company with enormous potential.”
CEO, Gridcentric, Inc.