Naco has announced the openning for submissions for promising and growth-oriented companies for consideration for this year’s annual Pitch Competition being held during our National Angel Summit this fall.
To nominate a promising company currently under your wing, log into your NACO online account and submit an opportunity through our Investment Portal. The top 15 companies will be invited to attend the 2014 National Angel Summit on us and may qualify for reimbursement for travel and accommodation costs of up to $1,000 towards their stay in Quebec City.
Attendees will have a chance to meet the companies during our popular Angel Ready Startup Showcase and vote for the 5 they’d like to see pitch live on stage on October 2. The winner will be crowned as NACO’s Most Promising Startup of the Year, by KPMG Enterprise during our Gala Awards Ceremony.
NACO members are also invited to view and vote for their favourite startups online before August 29, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST. Member votes will be considered by our selection committee in determining which companies are invited to come to Quebec City with us! For information on logging into your account, contest eligibility, judging criteria, competition rules and selection process, visit their website.
The companies submitted must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered and headquartered in Canada
- Be a promising, growth-oriented, young company in existence for less than 5 years
- Be investor-ready and looking to close their first round or raise a follow-on round
- Be submitted to the competition by a NACO member or industry partner in good standing
- Have at least one product in-market with demonstrated traction, or be well established and poised for exponential growth
- Have demonstrated a business innovation that represents a breakthrough from conventional ideas or methods in its industry