Now in its second year, HealthKick offers participants exposure, networking, investment and partnering opportunities as well as the potential to win one of three $20,000 cash prizes. This funding recognizes startups with the greatest impact potential, while also providing financial support to ventures bringing their innovations to market. In addition to attending HealthKick, all selected ventures are paired with mentors and undergo a coaching program to hone their pitch presentations in the weeks leading up to the showcase.
Through the theme of Patient Empowerment, HealthKick 2015 will explore how innovative technologies are empowering patients to become the “CEO of their own health.” Speakers, judges and participating health ventures will be announced in early 2015.
- October 23, 2014: Application window opened
- November 24, 2014: Application window closes
- January 30, 2015: Selected ventures notified
- May 7, 2015: HealthKick 2015 pitch competition
- Applications must be submitted by November 24, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (ET)
- Companies must be Canadian-based and must fall within one of the three showcase tracks: Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals; Medical Devices & Diagnostics; or Healthcare IT.
- A maximum of 45 ventures will be chosen to present at HealthKick 2015.
- For more information on the application process and eligibility criteria, visit healthkick.marsdd.com.