Ontario has a new majority government that will be tasked with transitioning Ontario to a new triple bottom line economy. Fiscal responsibility, social impact and sustainability will be key priorities influencing policy development over the course of the next four years. Facing productivity and commercialization gaps, youth unemployment, climate change and increasing healthcare costs, this government must find policies that support economic growth while addressing these social challenges. What does this mean for life sciences?
Last year, LSO explored best practices in developing economic clusters that are competitive in a global economy. Building on this theme, this year’s symposium will discuss policy options that could support cluster development, reduce business and regulatory burdens and increase competitiveness to position Ontario as a leader in life sciences; all while contributing positively to Ontario’s triple bottom line. Join us as leaders in the life sciences industry discuss how policy can position Ontario for global success.
Click here to register
Opportunities still available, click here to view
- Russell Williams, President, Rx&D
- Mark Lievonen, President, Sanofi Pasteur
- Nick Green, President & CEO, Therapure Biopharma Inc
Medical Technologies Panel
- John Soloninka, President & CEO, The Health Technology Exchange
- Brian Lewis, President & CEO, MEDEC
- Alex Long, General Manager, Alcon Canada, Inc.
- Vera Belaoussoff, VP of Corporate Development, CellAegis Devices Inc. – Canada
- Kris Shah, Vice President-Technical Division, Baylis Medical Co
Agri-Food Technologies Panel
- Michael Sills, Manager, Technical Services, Ingredion Canada Incorporate
- Tyler Whale, President, Ontario Agri Food Technologies
- Phil Malcolmson, Assistant Deputy Minister, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Environmental Biotechnologies Panel
- Sandy Marshall, Chairman, Bioindustrial Innovation Canada
- Jim Grey, CEO, IGPC Ethanol Inc
- Tim Haig, CEO, GreenMantra Technologies
- John van Leeuwen, CEO, EcoSynthetix Inc.
Emerging Companies Panel
- Rocky Ganske, CEO, CellAegis Devices Inc. – Canada
- Ilia Tikhomirov, CEO, Avid Biologics
- Scott Tanner, Chief Technology Officer, DVS Sciences Inc. /Fluidigm
- Don Stewart, President & CEO, PlantForm
- Phil Whiting, President & CEO, Mirexus Biotechnologies Inc.
- Anne Vivian-Scott, President & CEO, BKIN Technologies
Next Generation of Life Sciences Panel
- Rob Henderson, President & CEO, BioTalent Canada
- Ulrich Krull, Vice-Principal: Special Initiatives, University of Toronto
- Sheldon Levy, President, Ryerson University
- Ted Parin, AstraZeneca
- Jessie MacAlpine