The Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the launch of the 5th round of its mentoring program.
The program intends to help newcomers settle into the Canadian society better and faster by helping internationally trained Indo-Canadian newcomers connect with successful professionals to help them build useful networks, familiarize them with the Canadian work culture and assist them in job search. The preceding four sessions have met their objectives.
We are actively seeking Mentors and Mentees for this year’s Mentoring Program. The mentors for the program will be carefully chosen from the vast pool of professional talent available within ICCC’s membership to help the mentees in their professional networking and job search strategies.
Objectives of the program
- Help skilled newcomers by matching them with a mentor with a similar background or in their desired areas of professional interest
- Assist them with developing their professional networks and making educated career decisions
- Increase their understanding of Canadian workplace culture and the reality of transferring professional designations
- Strengthen the knowledge of community resources and linkages to settlement services, skills development, job search resources, language and literacy programming among other services
Advantages of the program
|Mentee Benefits||Mentor Benefits|
- If you are a newcomer to Canada or a seasoned Canadian professional, we encourage you to be a part of this program.
- If you are interested in the mentoring program either as a mentor or mentee please follow the links to fill out the appropriate form. As well, Mentees may kindly email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are currently not a member of Indo Canadian Chamber of Commerce (ICCC), kindly consider joining this esteemed & oldest networking organization for Indo Canadians.
Please note that the deadline for submissions is November 15, 2014.
For further information please contact:
SPONSORSHIP – If you are interested in sponsoring this ICCC initiative, please email us at email@example.com
VOLUNTEERING – If you want to join the New Immigrants Committee to assist with this program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other inquires, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Pawan Chankotra (Mentoring Program Coordinator) at email@example.com or 416-224-0090