FOR RELEASE Monday, January 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON – RIC Centre announces the new cohort for the RIC Incubator! According to James Sbrolla, Entrepreneur in Residence at RIC Centre, “We are delighted to welcome the third cohort. With a wide variety of technologies in diverse industries – there is great promise in this group”. The third cohort of companies include:
- ColdBlock Technologies has patented a sample dissolution/digestion technology. ColdBlock Digestion dissolves solid matter into a solution for instrumental multi-element analysis and is applicable to multiple industries including environmental, mining, food, pharmaceutical and agriculture for increased productivity.
- Talon Pharmaceutical Services is developing new antibiotics against drug resistant gram-negative bacterial strains using molecular modeling and knowledge-based design to identify novel chemical structures based on validated mechanisms of action.
- EnviroDiamond Technologies can meet the global demand for many nanodiamond products in the manufacturing, microelectronics and medical industries. The products are affordably customized to the customers’ specification with a patented technology that consumes carbon dioxide.
- NextGrid Inc.’s motto is Real. Affordable. Energy Independence. Their grid-connected combined heat & power (CHP) systems enable consumers and businesses to take control of their own power generation needs while saving thousands of dollars a year.
- Ursus Taurus has produced Kabuk, a one-stop-source to find and book the best local healthcare and legal professionals, without ever having to pick up the phone. Connect with an online network of verified providers, search based on your preferences, and get access to services when you want them.
Nick Kuryluk, formerly a RIC Centre Volunteer Advisor, and now CEO of ColdBlock Technologies noted, “We are very fortunate to have the RIC Centre, a world-class incubator hub, serving the Peel region to help start-up companies fast track their business to market. I am truly grateful to engage in and be supported by the RIC Centre.”
The RIC Centre Incubator creates a collaborative peer-to-peer network while offering professional services and technical support over a six month term. The RIC Incubator does not pursue an equity position nor any claim on the company’s intellectual property. Some of the most-beneficial resources of the incubator program include:
- Accelerated programming to help clients meet significant milestones within six months
- Access to experts and coaching through Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and Volunteer Advisors
- Essential connections to industry and market channels
- On-site business lecturing and collaboration
Tenants can also access technical expertise and research facilities through the Xerox Research Centre of Canada’s fee-for-service model.
“Working with RIC has already impacted our business in a very positive way. We will continue to utilize this very important resource of knowledge and experience as we strive to transition from a dynamic startup to a profitable business.” said Brent MacKinnon, founder of NextGrid Inc.
The next incubator cohort will begin in July 2015. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the RIC Centre website.
About RIC Centre
Peel Region’s hub for innovation and entrepreneurship, the Research, Innovation, Commercialization (RIC) Centre was launched in 2008 as a not-for-profit organization supporting the development of innovation and entrepreneurship in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon. RIC Centre provides commercialization support to help new entrepreneurs and seasoned business people take technical innovations to market, with experienced advisors and Entrepreneurs in Residence who guide its clients every step of the way. The RIC Centre’s mission is to build an innovation ecosystem to support community prosperity across Peel Region.
289-373-3050 ext. 202