Canada‘s Innovation Agenda – Building on our Natural Resources Advantage
Date: 31 March – 1 April, 2015
Venue: National Arts Centre, Ottawa
The 14th annual RE$EARCH MONEY conference will expand and deepen our analysis of implications of recent federal budgets for business innovation support. This year, our focus will be on examining Canada’s innovation agenda through the lens of the natural resource sectors – Canada’s traditional areas of strength – to understand the broader context of innovation.
Natural resources (energy, forests, minerals and metals) contribute significantly to Canada’s global advantage and our economic profile. But how do they utilize and drive innovation in Canada? Why and how does innovation occur in these sectors? Who are the resource-based firms interacting with outside of their own sector? How are they interacting and creating added value for Canada and the world?
The RE$EARCH MONEY Conference focuses on creating an interactive experience that leads to real connections and real change. Our conference is unique in that it does not concentrate on one group but instead brings together major players from industry, investment, academia, government and intermediaries. Each sector provides an important perspective, allowing our participants to hear and learn from one another as they work collectively towards finding solutions to the challenges facing Canada’s innovation environment.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Catherine Beaudry (Canada Research Chair in the creation, development and the commercialization of innovation, École Polytechnique de Montréal)
- Gary Bunio (General Manager, Technology Development, Suncor)
- Mark Dietrich (President and CEO, Compute Canada)
- Javier Gracia-Garza (Deputy Chief Scientist and Director General, Science Program Branch of the Canadian Forest Service, NRCan)
- JP Gladu (President and CEO, Canada Council for Aboriginal Business)
- Ted Hewitt (President, SSHRC)
- Pierre Lapointe (President and CEO, FPInnovations)
- John McDougall (President, NRC)
- Pierre Meulien (President and CEO, Genome Canada)
- Dirk Pilat (Deputy Director Directorate for Science, Technology and Innovation, OECD)
- Alison Sunstrum (CEO, GrowSafe Systems Ltd.)
Visit http://www.researchmoneyinc.com/conferences/201503/ to learn more and to register, or email Rebecca Melville at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.