Road to commercialization – Challenges, Opportunities & Successes that lie ahead in the Life Sciences and Healthcare Sectors
Life Sciences and Healthcare is one of the areas where Export Development Canada (EDC) sees potential growth for Canadian exporters over the next five years and plans to position itself to help Canadian companies seize these opportunities when they arise.
PANEL DISCUSSION & ROUNDTABLES
EDC in collaboration with MaRS (Toronto) will host a panel discussion and roundtable on June 11th 2015.
Great opportunities to connect with key industry players, better understand the market and commercialization opportunities globally and help your company identify solutions to the challenges companies face in this sector.
PANEL DISCUSSION & Q&A – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Facilitated by Dr. Jason Field, Executive Director of Life Sciences Ontario, the panel discussion will focus on the following topic: “The Road to Commercialization” – The story of Life Sciences companies, their challenges, opportunities and successes.
The panel members will provide insight into some of the challenges and opportunities faced by Canadian companies in the Life Sciences and Healthcare sectors and through anecdotal and experiential evidence will engage thoughtful discussion that will assist companies in finding solutions to their often sought concerns.
Panelists will include:
- Brian Bloom, Co-Founder and President and Head of Institutional Sales of Bloom Burton and Co. Ltd.
- Andrew Booth, CFO, Stemcell Technologies Inc.
- Antonio Lopes, Strategic Account Executive and Sector Lead for Life Sciences and Healthcare and Equity Connect Programs, Export Development Canada.
- Lee McDonald, President and CEO of Southmedic Inc.
- Christine Sarkisian, Canadian Trade Commissioner in Boston for Foreign Affairs and Trade Development Canada.
- Peter van der Velden, Managing General Partner at Lumira Capital.
ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS WITH THE PANELISTS – 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Following the panel session, there will be an opportunity for attendees to participate in smaller group discussions with the panelists.
MaRS DISCOVERY DISTRICT
Thursday June 11th, 2015
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
101 College St, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7