By: Billy Vrbensky
“Most people think it’s all about the idea. It’s not. Everyone has ideas. The hard part is doing the homework to know if the idea could work in an industry, then doing the preparation to be able to execute on the idea.”
– Mark Cuban
You need more than just a good business idea to be successful. You have to understand the business environment, differentiate yourself from the competition and figure out how to monetize the business. You also need the right resources. We have them at the RIC Centre.
The RIC Centre Incubator, in partnership with Xerox Research Centre of Canada, recruits viable businesses on the verge of reaching their next stage of development. We offer a variety of services to strategically fast track your business to market and provide access to industry-specific advisors and entrepreneurs who have been in your position before.
The RIC Centre Incubator provides private office space, business mentoring, networking connections, educational events and opportunities to raise capital. Our mission at RIC Centre is to define your path to market by exploring and securing partnerships that will open access to capital, connections and paying customers. We nurture new ventures to help them survive and grow during the start-up period when they are most vulnerable. Our goal is to produce successful graduates that will flourish even further when they leave our incubator.
If selected, your company will benefit from:
- Private office space
- Access to meeting rooms that hold up to 130 people
- Accelerated mentorship program with priority access to our 3 Entrepreneurs-In-Residence and 20+ Volunteer Advisors
- Targeted feedback from our network of angel investors and venture capitalists to make your company investable
- Perfect your pitching skills by fast-tracking through our Champion Series of 3 progressive pitch panels
- Networking opportunities at our private CEO Peer2Peer events
- First choice at monthly Professional Service Provider Office Hours including IP, Legal, Accounting, Marketing and Government Grants
- Ability to choose topics for our informative bi-weekly Lunch&Learn speaker seminar series
RIC Centre does not take an equity position in your company. The incubator spaces and programming are assigned to selected entrepreneurs for six months to assist them in achieving their business milestones.
If you want your business to achieve its strategic goals and get to market faster, join our next incubator cohort to find out how being connected to RIC Centre and Xerox Research Centre of Canada can help you succeed!
The deadline to apply is June 1st.
Apply now and watch your company grow!