The MaRS Centre of Impact Investing (MCII) in partnership with the Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNet) is conducting an important survey to create an extended comprehensive, province-wide survey of social enterprise.
The information gathered from this survey will be used to better understand and promote social enterprises in Ontario. MCII will specifically survey Ontario for-profit social enterprises (incorporated).
Through standardized survey questions, the project aims to gather hard data to achieve the following goals:
- Examine current financing options for social ventures in Ontario
- Identify the gaps in the existing financing options
- Understanding the current and future capital needs of social enterprises; other barriers (institutional and government) preventing access to capital
- Better understand and promote all social enterprises in Ontario
To learn more about the 2015 Social Enterprise Survey for Ontario, please visit CCEDNet’s website. This initiative builds on the results of the previous 2012 Social Enterprise Survey for Ontario.
In return for completing our survey, respondents will be entered into a draw (at their discretion) for a chance to win the following prizes*:
- 1 of 7 tickets to the 2015 Social Finance Forum on November 12-13, 2015 at MaRS Discovery District, Toronto: approximate retail value of $350 each
- 4 hours of legal, marketing or PR consultation with partner organizations selected by MaRS: approximate retail value of $800
- Promotional booth/space at the 2015 Social Finance Forum: approximate retail value of $600
- 1 of 10 copies of The Lean Startup book by Eric Ries: approximate retail value of $25 each
- 1 of 2 The Living Kitchen meal delivery sampler: approximate retail value of $46 each
- 1 of 2 Fresh City Farms one week worth of organic fruit bag: approximate retail value of $28 each
- 1 of 2 Nanoleaf Bloom, dimmable LED bulb: approximate retail value of $50 each
*Prizes subject to rules and restrictions
The deadline is Monday, June 29, 2015
All responses will remain anonymous and used for research purposes only.
Thank you for participating and spreading the word to pave the way for a bright future for social enterprises in Ontario!