FORD-backed Techstars Mobility, driven by Detroit, announces 10 startups receiving funding, support
- Ford-backed Techstars Mobility, driven by Detroit, today announces 10 startup winners receiving funding and business plan support to further develop innovative technologies and apps; winners are moving to new office in downtown Detroit to incubate their ideas through fall
- Startup ideas target future mobility solutions ranging from new lithium ion battery technology to a ride-sharing app to a Web browser that requires no data connection
- The 10 startup winners were selected from hundreds of submissions from 42 countries representing six continents
Ford-backed Techstars Mobility, driven by Detroit, today announces 10 startup companies it will support through September with funding and business development training as they bring to life future mobility and transportation solutions.
“Techstars Mobility pays forward the startup legacy of Ford Motor Company by supporting these smart and ambitious inventors, developers and thinkers who are creating innovative solutions to a wide range of future mobility challenges,” said Bill Ford, executive chairman, Ford Motor Company.
Techstars Mobility, driven by Detroit, is a startup mentorship-driven accelerator program that aims to foster innovative transportation solutions that help alleviate growing global challenges such as traffic congestion, parking availability, air quality and emissions.
The 10 winning entrepreneurs move to new offices in downtown Detroit starting next week through early September. Each startup company receives up to $120,000 in funding, plus three months of intensive training in business development, customer acquisition and recruitment, as well as guidance from top business mentors, advisors and investors in mobility.
They present final proposals to investors and industry leaders on Demo Day, Sept. 10.
The 2015 class for Techstars Mobility, driven by Detroit, include:
- Ansik, which makes an app to improve the process of automotive service – making it efficient and affordable for everyone
- CDL Warrior, a communication and productivity platform for the trucking industry that connects truck drivers to their supply chain partners and improves efficiency, visibility and compliance
- Classics & Exotics, which brings the sharing economy into the car enthusiast’s garage, allowing classic and exotic car enthusiasts to offset their ownership costs by renting their cars to prescreened, highly qualified candidates
- Cosmos Browser, a mobile Web browser that delivers the Internet via SMS without requiring data or Wi-Fi
- Elegus Technologies, which is a lithium-ion battery separator made from Kevlar that can enable longer-lasting batteries
- Gear Brake, a universal, easy-to-install brake light module that can detect when a vehicle is slowing and automatically illuminate the brake lights, reducing the risk of a rear-end collision
- Motoroso, which combines content, community and commerce for automotive enthusiasts to help them discover, connect and buy everything that powers their lifestyle
- My Dealer Service, which empowers automotive service departments with digital connectivity and workflow management – elevating efficiency and creating an unprecedented customer experience
- SPLT, a social ride-sharing app designed to connect people with similar routes, share the fare, save money, reduce traffic and emissions and change the way people meet and move in cities around the world
- WISE Systems, which provides real-time routing and analytics software to help on-demand delivery companies