The Pre-CAAP program supports companies that are interested in participation in the Capital Access Advisory Program (CAAPTM) offered by the Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization (OBIO®). CAAP operates downstream from existing entrepreneurship programs and targets the critical issue of access to capital at the “Series A” and later stages of venture financing. Led by OBIO and a North American Steering Committee of life science venture capitalists and serial entrepreneurs, OBIO CAAP Companies work closely with a team of CAAP Advisors to position them for financing success. Additional information on OBIO CAAP can be found here.
The OBIO Pre-CAAP program will benefit companies that have raised “seed” or later rounds of financings by December 31, 2015, intend to raise capital in the next 18 – 24 months, and plan to apply for the next cycle of OBIO CAAP.
Pre-CAAP will run mid-September to end of 2015, and will offer:
- A series of six hands-on workshops designed to help Pre-CAAP Companies refine their business strategies, become comfortable and effective in presenting to investors, and position themselves for private funding. Workshops will be a combination of in-person and webinar events, and will include the following topics: Market & Competitive Analysis, Branding Strategy, Clinical & Regulatory Planning, Health Economics & Reimbursement Strategy, Financial & Revenue Modeling, and Pitching to Investors.
- An individual session with OBIO to present and review your investor pitch.
- One-on-one coaching from OBIO on business planning and strategy.
- Networking opportunities with peers, thought leaders, and seasoned entrepreneurs.
Pre-CAAP is open to all private Ontario companies focused on developing life science products or services including but not limited to: therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics or healthcare information technologies. While the OBIO Pre-CAAP program will have particular appeal to companies planning to apply to OBIO’s CAAP program, all companies who meet the eligibility criteria below are invited to register and participate in Pre-CAAP. Pre-CAAP is intended to help companies address key areas of their business strategies to prepare and enable them to successfully apply for and excel in OBIO CAAP.
Timeline, Costs, and Information:
- To receive maximum benefit from Pre-CAAP, companies should register for the program bySeptember 1st, 2015. Pre-CAAP registration is via this online form to be submitted by an authorized company representative.
- Pre-CAAP is free for OBIO members. Non-member companies must pay $200 plus HSTwhich includes an OBIO membership until the end of 2015 with access to all member benefits.
- OBIO will be holding an information webinar on August 18th, 2015, 8:30-9:30 am for companies interested in Pre-CAAP. Please click here to register for this webinar.
Companies must have raised “seed” or a later round of financing by end of 2015.Private bioscience enterprises based in Ontario, focused on developing life science products or services including but not limited to: therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics or healthcare information technologies.Ontario Bioscience Company Eligibility Requirements for Pre-CAAP:
- Pre-CAAP Company participants must be planning to raising a “Series A” or later round of financing in the next 18 – 24 months.
- The program requires the engagement of the senior management team.
Any questions related to the OBIO Pre-CAAP application may be sent to KlausFiebig@obio.ca. Please include your full contact information including telephone number.