FOR RELEASE Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Mississauga, ON – RIC Centre announces the new cohort for the RIC Incubator!
The following companies have joined the RIC Incubator for a 6 month term:
- 3terra’s open health analytics platform gives hospitals the software tools they need to streamline their operations and uncover new insights into the care of their patients.
- KinTouch is an online-to-offline service provider that connects people to education, by creating a platform for schools, teachers, parents and learners to interact.
- NowAnswers is a mobile app that helps learners and experts connect and have quick live video tutoring sessions: right when they need it.
“The opportunity to work with RIC as part of the incubator will be invaluable to strengthen our team and help guide us towards a clear, compelling vision for the future of our analytics platform,” said Richard Obuhowich, President of 3terra.
The RIC Centre Incubator creates a collaborative peer-to-peer network while offering professional services and technical support over a six month term.
Ming Xia, CEO and Co-founder of Kintouch, notes, “The advisory and support from RIC will help us establish a solid foundation of our emerging business ideas, help us expand [our] business networking horizon, and provide guidance and directions for the future growth [of Kintouch].”
The RIC Incubator does not pursue an equity position nor any claim on the company’s intellectual property. Some of the most-beneficial resources of the incubator program include:
- Private office space
- Access to meeting rooms that hold up to 130 people
- Accelerated mentorship program
- Access to an investor network
- Access to over 80 advisors through the Champion Series pitch panels
- Networking opportunities at our private CEO Peer2Peer events
Tenants can also access technical expertise and research facilities through the Xerox Research Centre of Canada’s fee-for-service model.
The next incubator cohort will begin in January 2016. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the RIC Centre website.
About RIC Centre
Peel Region’s hub for innovation and entrepreneurship, the Research Innovation Commercialization (RIC) Centre, co-located with Xerox Research Centre of Canada, is a not-for-profit organization supporting the development of innovation and entrepreneurship in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon. RIC Centre offers a comprehensive range of support services for free, including mentorship and advisory services, hands-on workshops and networking events to help entrepreneurs fast-track their business to market. RIC Centre hosts a six-month Incubator program to help startups define their path to market by exploring and securing partnerships that will open access to capital, connections and paying customers.
289-373-3050 ext. 202