Annual Life Sciences Policy Forum: Towards a Comprehensive Growth Strategy for Ontario’s Life Sciences
Tuesday, December 8th, 2015 at MaRS Discovery District
Panel Session Topics Include:
A Life Sciences Strategy for Ontario
Join thought leaders from industry, academia and government to explore a coordinated life sciences growth strategy for Ontario. What are the key considerations in developing a strategy and how can we productively share the industry’s sense of urgency with government? What does success look like?
Senior executives from different life sciences segments, including pharmaceuticals, medical technologies, industrial biotechnology and agri-food technologies, will discuss common challenges to their industries and how to address them through a coordinated provincial sector strategy.
Stakeholders from across Ontario will deliberate how unique geographic clusters could be represented in a coordinated life sciences strategy.
Global Best Practices
Representatives from leading life sciences clusters beyond Ontario will share the keys to their success.
Planning is easy but implementation is the gateway to significant change. Hear how industry and policy leaders have successfully implemented strategies and what it will take to convert Ontario’s life sciences policy strategy into action.
Click here to view the program
Opportunities still available, click here to view.
Jason Donville, MBA, CIM, President & CEO, Donville Kent Asset Management Inc.
Jason has had an illustrious career as an award-winning analyst in both Asia and Canada. Prior to founding DKAM, Mr. Donville was consistently ranked as one of the top financial services analysts in the country. In 2004 and 2005, Mr. Donville was ranked in all three financial services research categories (banks, insurance and diversified financial services) in the annual Brendan Woods surveys. Mr. Donville was also recognized as the Top Stock Picker in Diversified Financial Services in the 2004 and 2005 National Post/Starmine surveys, and ranked number 3 for forecast accuracy in 2004 in the same survey.
Other Confirmed Speakers include:
- Allan O’Dette, President, Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Andrew Casey, President & CEO, BIOTECanada
- Anne Waddell, Vice President Government Affairs, BioAmber
- Charles Cirtwill, President & CEO, Northern Policy Institute
- Chirfi Guindo, CEO, Merck Canada
- Chris Halyk, President, Janssen Inc.
- David Main, CEO, Aquinox Pharma (Chair BIOTECanada)
- Elaine Campbell, Advisor, TO Health!
- Justin Leushner, Vice President, Operations and Startup Services, Tech Alliance
- Karen Michell, Executive Director, Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario
- Mark Poznansky, President & CEO, Ontario Genomics Institute
- Moufeed Kaddoura, Co-Founder and CEO, ExVivo Labs Inc.
- Neil Fraser, President, Medtronic of Canada Ltd
- Paul Lucas, Chair, Life Sciences Ontario
- Randy Jackiw, Assistant Deputy Minister, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Ryan Wiley, President & CEO, Shift Health