Introduction to Building Operator Certification Sustainability Skills Lab – Tuesday November 24th, 2015
Partners in Project Green and The Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) invite you to join them on November 24th for an exclusive half day workshop to get hands on exposure to Ontario’s newest training program to improve the energy performance of your facility (Building Operator Certification).
They have developed a customized workshop to give participants the knowledge and skills to boost the energy efficiency of their HVAC and electrical systems (specifically drawing from BOC modules 1001 and 1007). In addition, participants will get access to industry experts during a panel discussion and receive resources to help them financially plan for certification training.
- HVAC Systems: Learn how to quantify HVAC energy use, costs, and GHG emissions while identifying ways to troubleshoot, maintain and repair systems for optimal energy performance
- Electrical Systems: Receive an overview of typical preventative maintenance and ways to maintain an electrical distribution system
- Pumping Systems: Witness a live demonstration to show how variable speed drives, sizing and operating a pump correctly can save on energy use
- Resources: Financial incentives and business case to undertake training
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Centre for Health & Safety Innovation (CHSI), 5110 Creekbank Road, Mississauga, ON
Waste Planning Sustainability Skills Lab – Tuesday January 19, 2016
Partners in Project Green invites you to join us for our half-day sustainability skills lab where you can get access to hands-on tools prepared by industry experts.
The 2016 Waste Management Sustainability Skills Lab will focus on waste planning and feature three sessions:
- Session 1 – Waste Strategy and Policy Development
- Session 2 – Waste Plan Development
- Session 3 – Panel Discussion with Industry Experts and Business Case Study
- Industry Expert: Jessica Wilkinson, Certified Environmental Auditor
- Industry Expert: Bruce Westaway, Bruce has been with Cascades Recovery Inc.
- Business Case Study: Chelsea Quirke, Air Canada
Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: To be confirmed (near Pearson Airport Area)