Know Someone Amazing? Nominate an individual who has made a difference in Ontario’s innovation community.
Each year, ORION’s network and cloud services help students, educators, researchers and innovators across Ontario achieve great things for both our community and the world. We honour this innovation and dedication annually with the ORION Leadership Awards. Winners will be announced at the THINK Conference.
What are the ORION Leadership Awards?
The ORION Leadership Awards celebrates outstanding achievement and innovation using the ORION network and cloud services. To learn more, meet the winners:
2014: Laurie Clement (K-12), Virginia Roy (Higher Ed), Dr. Narinder Paul (Innovation)
2013: Jack McMaster (K-12), Dr. Paul Corkum (Higher Ed), Dr. Berge Minassian (E-infrastructure)
2012: Marshall Zhang (K-12), John Helliker (Higher Ed), Dr. Shana Kelley (E-infrastructure)
Who is eligible?
- Innovators who are part of a connected institution on ORION’s high-speed research and education network
- Individuals who have demonstrated leadership with outcomes that serve to advance the research, education and/or innovation landscape in Ontario
- Individuals who have made a positive impact on their classroom, institution, community, and/or project through an innovative solution
Categories for ORION Leadership Awards:
- Kindergarten – Grade 12 Education
- Higher Education
- Innovation in health, research, technology and other sectors in Ontario
Submissions will be judged on the following:
- How well the initiative advanced Ontario research, education and/or innovation landscape under the nominee’s leadership
- How well the initiative leveraged ORION’s network and/or cloud services in an innovative way
- How much of an impact the initiative made
When is the deadline?
The deadline for the 2016 Leadership Awards is March 14, 2016.
How do I nominate someone or myself?
Fill out the form below