OBIO CAAP is a collaborative initiative between industry and investors that harnesses the expertise and engagement that OBIO engenders from both the Ontario bioscience community and life science investors and entrepreneurs from across Canada and the U.S.
The OBIO Capital Access Advisory Program operates downstream from existing entrepreneurship programs and targets the critical issue of access to capital at the “Series A” and later stages of venture financing.
Led by OBIO and a North American Steering Committee of life science venture capitalists and serial entrepreneurs, CAAP Companies work closely with a team of CAAP Advisors to address specific goals and objectives to position them for financing success. In addition to investor materials preparation and guidance, CAAP Goals include intellectual property, clinical and regulatory, market access other key strategic items to position companies for financing success.
OBIO CAAP Delivers Results
- More than $30 million raised by CAAP Companies to date
- CAAP Companies have increased their FTE count by almost 50%
- More than 50 CAAP Advisors provide their expertise to OBIO CAAP Companies including senior executives from across North America and beyond
- Tailored program: personalized to the needs and unique strategic goals of participating companies
- Establishing connections: matches entrepreneurs with CAAP Advisors from industry and potential investors
- Investor access: OBIO and the CAAP Steering Committee can facilitate warm introductions between CAAP companies and potential investors
- Investment potential: benefits investors by building a recognized resource for quality deal flow in Ontario
OBIO CAAP Eligibility
- Companies focused on developing life science products or services including but not limited to therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics, or healthcare information technologies, and
- Enterprises that have already raised initial capital and are committed to raising a Series A or subsequent round of financing in the next 12 to 18 months.
For more information and to request an application, please see the visit the OBIO website here. The deadline for 2016 CAAP Applications is December 23rd, 2015 at 5 pm ET.
An information session for companies that want to apply to OBIO CAAP will be held on November 16, 2015 at 12 pm by teleconference. To register, please email CAAP@OBIO.ca.
Earlier stage companies which have not raised seed capital may be interested in the OBIO Pre-CAAP program to boost their investability and get ready for CAAP. Additional information on the 2016 Pre-CAAP program will be provided in January.