These seminars by the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) will help you learn how to do business with the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario and the City of Toronto. You will learn how each level of government does its purchasing, and how to include these groups as your customers!
Topics to be covered include:
Government of Canada
• Understanding the Procurement Process
• Registering in Supplier databases
• Build Relationships
• Search for Opportunities
• Obtaining Security Clearances
• Bid on Opportunities
• Information on the Build in Canada Innovation Program
Government of Ontario
• Government Procurement Policy and Process
• New Request for Bids and e-Tendering Services
• How to Prepare a Bid Response
• Marketing to the Ontario Government
• Review of our website
City of Toronto
• Overview of the City of Toronto’s Procurement Process
• Key Purchasing Policies and Procedures
• What We Procure on Behalf of Our Clients
• The Role of Materials Management
• How to Bid on City of Toronto Business Opportunities
Following the seminars there will be a 1-on-1 information and engagement session with presenters and other invited GTA municipalities to get specific details of their respective processes. See registration for details.
Date/Time: Thursday, February 25th, 2016 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (registration and networking opens at 8:30 a.m.)
Location: Joseph Shepard Building, 3rd Floor Auditorium
4900 Yonge St, Toronto, ON
1-on-1 Session: Following the seminars from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Registration: This is a complimentary event. To attend this session, you must be registered. Please note the sessions fill up fast and are on a first come, first served basis. The seminars are offered in English.