Startup Weekend is a 3 day 54-hour event where developers, designers and business development folks come together to pitch an idea and launch a business, all in one weekend! It is a great opportunity to test startup ideas, meet potential co-founders, build the community in Peel and launch your next startup.
Mentors will include startup founders, lawyers and product managers. Judges will include angel investors and successful entrepreneurs. Sponsors include Google, Coke Cola, Foundous and LAB B. This is a great opportunity to build something amazing and have it seen by the right people.
What to expect:
- Anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers.
- Teams form organically around the ideas and those that have the most popular votes or team members carry on past Friday night.
- Each team must have at least three people.
- What follows is a 54-hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing and market validation.
- The event culminates with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders which presents another opportunity for critical feedback.
- Lots of food!!
Where: Sheridan College Davis Campus
7899 McLaughlin Road, Brampton, ON L6Y 5H9