Director, Sales Operations
ColdBlock Technologies Inc. is a dynamic start-up company who discovered, developed and recently launched ColdBlockTM Digestion, a novel and highly differentiated sample digestion technology. Applicable across a variety of large industries including mining and environmental, ColdBlockTM Digestion is looking to revolutionize the sample digestion space via a strong competitive advantage and offering substantial value to our customers. Coldblock Technologies is headquartered in Ontario and is seeking a Director, Sales Operations.
Coldblock is seeking a highly motivated individual to achieve our North American sales target and establish sales operations to drive future growth. The ideal job candidate will have 1) knowledge of customers in mining and environmental, 2) knowledge of current sample digestion technologies and methods, and 3) an understanding of how these technologies and methods are applied to the mining and environmental industry. The candidate will report directly to the CEO. This is a 6-month contract position with potential to transition to a full-time position. Start date is October, 2016
- Own and deliver on sales target for North America
- Work closely with marketing and technical team to implement and refine sales strategies
- Strengthen strategic partnerships and leverage sales relationships to drive sales
- Initiate development of a sales agent model for global market
- Establish a sales organization plan that aligns with corporate strategy and positions the company for growth
- Establish vision, strategy and plan of action to penetrate the environmental marketplace in collaboration with senior management
Qualification / Job Requirement
- Chemistry / Life Sciences background
- Preference will be given to individuals with a minimum of 7 years experience in B2B (Business to Business) sales with a proven track record in meeting revenue goals
- Knowledge of sample digestion market and competing technologies
- Experience in laboratory sales is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build positive, interpersonal relationships
- Proven history of being self-motivated and displaying a drive to excel
- Possess a strong work ethic and self-discipline
- Candidate must be willing to travel to meet with customers and attend industry conferences
- A strong command of the English language is required; fluency in French is an asset
Objectives and Outcomes
- The job candidate will achieve sales objectives based on our current forecast and establish a sales trajectory that will put us on a path for growth.
- Establish strong sales leads with top prospective mining clients. The measures of success will be based on building awareness of our brand, educating on how it is differentiated, achieving customer recognition of our value proposition and ultimately, product sales.
- Initiate development of a sale agent model for mining outside of North America with a focus on key markets such as Australia, South America and Africa.
- Develop, in collaboration with senior management, a sales strategy for the environmental market, including but not limited to: 1) identification of key environmental labs and decision makers within those labs and, 2) a plan of action to penetrate that industry.