- Tweet your startup pitch in 140 characters or less
- Tweet must be tweeted from startup’s handle
- Be sure to include the hashtag #DisruptorsPitch
- Only one tweet per pitch is permitted
- Tweet may link to a website, article or any other relevant information
- Tweet may include a photo or video
- Startup must be Canadian
- Startup must have a product that is currently available
- Startup must generate some revenue (doesn’t need to be profitable)
- Startup must be in seed stage – pre-series A funding
- Startup has never appeared on The Disruptors
- Pitch must be in one tweet – you may use links (to articles, sites, videos) and any visual aid
- Bootstrapped companies are acceptable
“We’re disrupting healthcare by digitizing and making accessible patient records. Recently featured here: <link to article> #DisruptorsPitch”
A winner will be selected at the sole discretion of BNN’s The Disruptors, BetaKit and Disruptors co-hosts, Bruce Croxon and Amber Kanwar based on criteria including but not limited to the quality and creativity of the Twitter pitch, the disruptive potential of the startup and fit with The Disruptors programming.
If selected for consideration, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Describe in one sentence what the product or idea is
- What market/customer need are you fulfilling and how is this different from Competitors?
- What or who does your company disrupt?
- Describe your team’s past experience
- Why did this company start?
- What stage of growth is your company at?
- How long has this company been around for?
- How many customers?
- How much capital has been raised?
- Who has backed them? I.e. Angel’s or VC’s names
- Contact info (email, phone, urls)
- Founders’ bios