Canada’s brightest young innovators converge in The Garage over three days (August 18 – 20) to pitch their cutting edge inventions, as they compete for prize money and in-kind services.
The Pitch Competition Categories
- Agri-Tech and Food-Tech (August 18 @ 1 pm) – This category focuses on advancements in the agriculture field, including everything from farm to table.
- Biotech and Health Tech (August 18 @ 2:30 pm) – This category focuses on advancement in the biological and medical fields with an emphasis on health and innovations that can benefit our aging society, and can increase accessibility.
- Lifestyle Innovation (August 18 @ 4 pm) – This category is a broad overview of any and all innovations that make a mark on everyday life, from automated cars to wearable technology and everything in between.
- Social Innovation (August 18 @ 5:30 pm) – This category will explore innovations in education, philanthropy, and culture.
- Virtual/Augmented Reality Innovation (August 19 @ 1 pm) – This category will feature innovations that utilize virtual or augmented reality.
- Women Entrepreneurs (August 19 @ 2:30 pm) – This category will feature start-ups founded and primarily run by women.
- Fintech (August 19 @ 4 pm)- This category features innovations that leverage financial technology.
- Cleantech (August 19 @ 5:30 pm) – This category will feature innovations of clean technology and sustainability.
Top winners of each category will win a $5000.00 cash prize and will then go on to compete in the Ontario Semi-Finals on August 20 @ 2:30 pm. Top two winners of the Ontario and Alberta Semi-Finals will compete in the National Finals held on August 20 @5:30 pm for the chance to win the top prize of $25,000.00!