RIC Centre Core Team
- Pam BanksExecutive DirectorPam BanksExecutive Director
RICC came into existence under the visionary guidance of Pam Banks; now RICC’s Executive Director. With over 14 years of economic and business development experience in Ontario, Pam’s expertise is in developing and implementing entrepreneurial support programs by rallying collaboration from industry, educational institutions and government stakeholders. She strategically works to develop and grow the innovation capacity of emerging companies, assisting the innovation ecosystem in Peel Region to meet its full potential.
- Paul BarterEntrepreneur-in-ResidencePaul BarterEntrepreneur-in-Residence
Paul is a business leader and strategist with more than thirty years of experience helping technology based businesses outperform. He has deep insight into technology trends and the challenges and strategic opportunities they present. As an entrepreneur in residence at RIC, he uses those insights to help entrepreneurial startups translate technologically driven disruption into innovative products that achieve market success.
- Geoff SimonettEntrepreneur-in-ResidenceGeoff SimonettEntrepreneur-in-Residence
Geoff is an accomplished entrepreneur with over two decades of experience operating and financing early stage companies. As an operator Geoff has founded, built and successfully exited five companies in industries including Software, Marketing and Financial Services. As an investor, advisor or board member Geoff has participated in dozens of companies primarily in IT, CleanTech and MedTech. Geoff continues to mentor business owners as an Entrepreneur in Residence at the RIC Centre and as a consultant.
- James SbrollaEntrepreneur-in-ResidenceJames SbrollaEntrepreneur-in-Residence
James is an entrepreneur and veteran of the financial and environmental industries, bringing to the table over 15 years of experience from these sectors. He is Chairman of Environmental Business Consultants and serves on several boards including Actual Media, WE Communications and BlueZone Technologies. As an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at RIC, he coaches business owners and technology developers through the process of commercialization.
- Alex SensonSenior Business Strategist
Alex Senson, Senior Business Strategist, has been advising technology startups at the RIC Centre for nearly four years. He has worked with close to 1000 companies each with their own unique products/services, business models, team and challenges. Alex has a science background and holds a Master of Biotechnology degree. He also has a strong business acumen; having worked in business development, licensing and project management at a successful biopharmaceutical company.
- Mariya LeslieOperations ManagerMariya LeslieOperations Manager
Mariya Leslie is the Operations Manager of RIC Centre. Since graduating from the University of Toronto Mississauga Institute for Management and Innovation with a Masters degree in Biotechnology, Mariya worked in various basic and applied research laboratories in Toronto. Prior to joining RIC Centre she also delved into pharmaceutical drug development at Apotex. Today, Mariya combines her passion for science and technology by helping innovators fast-track their business to market through RIC Centre’s entrepreneurship help services. Mariya manages multiple programs for high potential clients including the Incubator Program, Volunteer Advisor Program, Professional Service Provider Program, and Champion Series of Pitch Panels.
- Robert IaboniMarketing / CommunicationsRobert IaboniMarketing / Communications
Rob is a Masters student at the University of Toronto studying Biotechnology and business development in the life sciences sector. He has years of experience working in multiple research labs, including Mt. Sinai Hospital where he validated diagnostic equipment used for viral and bacterial diseases. He is intrigued by the marketing strategies used by small and large businesses and how communication efforts can play such a vital role in any firms success.
- Anika MurrayFinance Coordinator
- Saurabh AnanthDigital Marketing ManagerSaurabh AnanthDigital Marketing Manager
Board of Directors
- Sunil SelbyManaging Partner, Trellis Capital
- Susan AmringDirector, Economic Development - City of Mississauga
- Shirley SpeakmanPartner, Cycle Capital Management
- Casey DibattistaGeneral Manager, ABB Robotics
- Patrick McGuireHCM Global Sales Executive, Financialforce.com
- Cam CarverCEO, Totally Green
- Ulli KrullVice-President and Principal, University of Toronto MississaugaUlli KrullVice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga
- Brian JervisAssociate Vice President, Scholarships, Research and Creative Activities
- Chadi ElkadriChief Innovation Officer
- Carolyn MoorlagSenior R&D Manager, System Integration, Xerox Research Centre of Canada
- Ben RobertsManager, Business Development, Tourism and Culture at Town of Caledon