As part of RIC Centre’s efforts to support entrepreneurs during these uncertain times, we are offering our May Startup Bootcamps as a series of free online webinars.
Why Attend This Interactive Workshop?
– Learn key baseline legal considerations to focus your time and energy on when first starting your business
– Find out what you need to know about incorporation, corporate organization and shareholder agreements to protect your venture from future costly disputes
– Determine if your venture should invest in intellectual property and when’s the right time
– Discover how to boost the strength of your brand and marketing via trademark and copyright protection
– Dive into patent applications, provisional patents, licencing agreements and more!
Meet the Speakers:
Andréa Brinston, Lawyer, Pallett Valo LLP
Andréa practices in all areas of corporate and commercial law. She often advises both startup and mature clients regarding general corporate commercial advice, debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, and both asset and share transactions. Andréa also has experience in all aspects of commercial leasing acting for both landlords and tenants.
Joanna Ma, Partner, Bereskin & Parr LLP
Joanna Ma’s practice focuses on drafting and prosecuting patent applications related to software-based technologies, electrical innovations, and medical devices and applications. She enjoys learning about new technologies from inventors and advising clients on the development of an effective IP portfolio.
Stephen Beney, Managing Partner, Bereskin & Parr LLP
Stephen works with clients to assess IP needs, and has helped to secure patents for a diverse array of clients, including startups, small- to medium-sized enterprises, major multinational companies, and university researchers. Stephen has been proven valuable to his clients in securing their patent rights in diverse technologies, including: automotive; medical devices and imaging systems; electronic devices; communication systems; video and signal processing systems; mass spectrometry; solar power devices and systems; fuel cell technology; internet systems; business methods; and clean tech devices and systems.