Opportunity to tour multiple research locations!
The Industry Open House will feature dynamic displays of current research projects involving undergraduate and graduate student as well as research staff and faculty.
- Material and Process Development – Sustainable Nano-composites, light metal material development, high pressure die casting, forging and rolling technology / Steel development and process improvement / Heat treatment process development
- Material Characterization – Electron microscopy, mechanical, corrosion, thermal and electrochemical performance / Corrosion prediction and protection
- CAD/CAM – Fast integrated GD&T
- Machining – Tooling selection and development / Virtual machining – process development and optimization using CUTPRO® and MACHPRO™
- Sheet Metal Forming – Material formability limits / Process development and optimization
- Polymer Processing – Formulation, conversion and characterization, modeling of single and twin screw extrusion, co-extrusion, injection molding, thermoforming, rotational molding, reactive extrusion, mixing and coating
- Metrology – Closed loop machining / Final part inspection and on machine geometric calibration using PolySAMBA
- Design Public Policy and Entrepreneurship – Student project highlights
- Powertrain Test Facilities – Advanced test facilities covering all major automotive powertrain components and assemblies up to complete vehicles / Hybrid powertrain technologies (batteries, electric motors, SI and CI engines, hybrid transmissions, power electronics and controls)
Click here to learn more!