Beyond Business Basics presents a fresh series with a fresh goal, aiming to reach out to members of the Peel Region community. It is a new collaboration between RIC Centre and the Peel ONE Network partners including Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre, Brampton Entrepreneur Centre, and Caledon Business Innovation Zone. Monthly evening seminars are delivered in the communities of City of Mississauga, City of Brampton, and Town of Caledon. Each month, the events rotate to a new city. One expert speaker leads each session with a presentation, followed by Q&A with the audience, and then networking.
By inviting expert speakers with real-world experience, entrepreneurs and small business owners can develop the skills to build a successful business. The series is split into three themes: Launching a Startup, Sales and Marketing for Startups, and Raising Startup Funding.
RIC Centre Beyond Business Basics 2018-19
Launching a Startup (3 sessions)
- April 19, 2018 – How to Start Lean: Business Model Canvas (Brampton)
- May 23, 2018 – How to Use Market Intelligence to Land Customers (Caledon)
- June 19, 2018 – How to Master the Product Development Lifecycle (Mississauga)
Sales and Marketing for Startups (3 sessions)
- September 20, 2018 – How to Jump Start Your Digital Marketing (Brampton)
- October 17, 2018 – How to Boost Sales for Accelerated Growth (Caledon)
- November 20, 2018 – How to Hack Your Public Relations Strategy (Mississauga)
Raising Startup Funding (3 sessions)
- January 17, 2019 – How to Get Government Support: Grants and Tax Incentives (Brampton)
- February 13, 2019 – How to Raise Capital and Find Government Funding for Your Company (Caledon)
- March 13, 2019 – How to Successfully Pitch to Investors (Mississauga)
For more information, please contact Mariya Leslie, RIC Centre Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.