The Next Generation of Business Incubator is Here
The business incubator concept is redefined at the RIC Centre, co-located with the Xerox Research Centre of Canada. RIC Centre’s strategic focus for 2018-2019 is to work with innovators in the following range of sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing & Materials
- Clean & Green Technologies
- Industrial Internet of Things
Companies in green chemistry sectors are eligible for additional services and funding through RIC’s partnership with GreenCentre Canada.
Traditional models of business accelerators are focused on companies in an early stage of idea development. Their mission is to help define and shape the idea in the hope that it might evolve into a viable business model.
RIC Centre Incubator recruits companies that have a viable business on the verge of launching to the next level of growth. Our mission is to define their path to market, in part, by exploring and securing partnerships that will open access to capital, to connections and to paying customers.
And the RIC Centre Business Incubator does not pursue an equity position in our client‘s businesses nor in the intellectual property they have developed.
To receive access to all of RIC Centre’s programs and services, and to be considered for the RIC Centre Incubator, please make sure you complete our “Join RIC Centre” form here along with the Incubator Application.
Building Industry Connections, Accelerating Business Growth
The RIC Centre Incubator is a boutique offering that allows growing technology companies to work with our team of experts one-on-one to achieve a significant milestone. Since 2013, RIC Centre has helped over 700 startups raise over $240M in capital, generate over $115M in revenue, and create more than 650 jobs. RIC Centre is co-located with Xerox Research Centre of Canada, a global multinational, in an exclusive partnership to provide startups with access to office and lab space and accelerated business support. If you, or someone you know, is interested in joining the RIC Centre Incubator, you can apply online here.
What makes your company the right fit?
- Nearly ready to launch your product (MVP, beta or commercial), or have already made sales (depending on industry)
- Can realistically achieve a specific, significant business milestone in the next six months
- Require office space to work from on a daily basis or lab space to conduct research and development
What does your company receive?
- Private office space, lab space ( subject to approval case by case by XRCC at an additional fee) and access to meeting rooms (with up to 130 people capacity)
- One-on-one mentorship with priority access to RIC Centre’s Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and Volunteer Advisors, dedicated to helping your startup reach it’s milestones by building a disruptive business model, developing a targeted sales and investor pitch, and providing industry and stage-specific best practices
- Complimentary one-on-one meetings with RIC Centre’s top-tier professional service providers, including:
- Investor pitch practice to help you prepare for success
- Connections to government and private funding partners to facilitate your next financial raise (Note: RIC Centre does not take any equity in the startup)
- Educational training workshops to offer your business the tools, mentorship and peer feedback to solve specific problems
- Exclusive networking opportunities to meet with investors, industry professionals, successful entrepreneurs and government funders
- Targeted feedback from our network of angel and VC group representatives to help make your company investable
For CleanTech companies in the RIC program, working with GreenCentre Canada offers additional resources to advance your company. GreenCentre is funded by the Province of Ontario to support companies developing products or processes that can:
- Reduce the Greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduce the amount of energy required to use a product or industrial process
- Reduce the number required inputs or waste outputs
- Enable changes to business models or processes that eliminate or reduce material transportation requirements
Specifically, GreenCentre’s IHC4 (InnovationHouse Chemistry Countering Climate Change) program offers sector focused chemistry technology development, intellectual property assessment, business development and commercial services including but not limited to the following:
CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- product sample testing
- additional technology consulting/assessment services
- administrative support (e.g. MTAs and chemical shipping)
PROOF OF CONCEPT AND MARKET ANALYSIS
- laboratory proof-of-concept
- patentability analysis
- expanded consulting services and technical/business/network support
- business model development and market analysis
- employee safety training safety program development
PRODUCT PROCESS DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- provisional patent application filing (Canada and US)
- laboratory product development
- business development
PRODUCT/PROCESS LAUNCH SERVICES
- IP Strategic support (freedom to operate analysis, patent prosecution management)
- scale-up manufacturing
- application benchmarking
- customer testing (through GreenCentre’s network
If you, or someone you know, is interested in joining the RIC Centre Incubator, applications are open. You can apply online here.