The Next Generation of Business Incubator is Here
The business incubator concept is redefined at the RIC Centre, co-located with the Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC) and GreenCentre Canada. RIC Centre’s strategic focus for 2017 is to work with innovators in the following range of sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Clean Technologies
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
Traditional models of business accelerators are focused on companies in an early stage of idea development. Their mission is to help define and shape the idea in the hope that it might evolve into a viable business model.
The RIC Centre Incubator recruits companies that have a viable business on the verge of launching to the next level of growth. Our mission is to define their path to market, in part, by exploring and securing partnerships that will open access to capital, to connections and to paying customers.
And the RIC Centre Business Incubator does not pursue an equity position in our client‘s businesses nor in the intellectual property they have developed.
To receive access to all of RIC Centre’s programs and services, and to be considered for the RIC Centre Incubator, please make sure you complete our “Join RIC Centre” form here along with the Incubator Application.
Building Industry Connections, Accelerating Business Growth
The RIC Centre Incubator is a boutique offering that allows growing technology companies to work with our team of experts one-on-one to achieve a significant milestone. Since 2013, RIC Centre has helped over 700 startups raise over $240M in capital, generate over $115M in revenue, and create more than 650 jobs. RIC Centre is co-located with Xerox Research Centre of Canada, a global multinational, in an exclusive partnership to provide startups with access to office and lab space and accelerated business support. If you, or someone you know, is interested in joining the RIC Centre Incubator, the application deadline is June 30th. You can apply online here.
What makes your company the right fit?
- Nearly ready to launch your product (MVP, beta or commercial), or have already made sales (depending on industry)
- Can realistically achieve a specific, significant business milestone in the next six months
- Require office space to work from on a daily basis or lab space to conduct research and development
What does your company receive?
- Private office space, lab space ( subject to approval case by case by XRCC at an additional fee) and access to meeting rooms (with up to 130 people capacity)
- One-on-one mentorship with priority access to RIC Centre’s Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and Volunteer Advisors, dedicated to helping your startup reach it’s milestones by building a disruptive business model, developing a targeted sales and investor pitch, and providing industry and stage-specific best practices
- Complimentary one-on-one meetings with RIC Centre’s top-tier professional service providers, including:
- Pallett Valo LLP – Corporate law
- Bereskin & Parr LLP – Intellectual property
- BDO Canada – Accounting
- Arrow Electronics – Product development
- Investor pitch practice to help you prepare for success
- Connections to government and private funding partners to facilitate your next financial raise (Note: RIC Centre does not take any equity in the startup)
- Educational training workshops to offer your business the tools, mentorship and peer feedback to solve specific problems
- Exclusive networking opportunities to meet with investors, industry professionals, successful entrepreneurs and government funders
- Targeted feedback from our network of angel and VC group representatives to help make your company investable
If you, or someone you know, is interested in joining the RIC Centre Incubator, the application deadline is June 30th. You can apply online here.