The Next Generation of Business Incubator is Here
The business incubator concept is redefined at the RIC Centre, co-located with the Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC) and GreenCentre Canada. RIC Centre’s strategic focus for 2017 is to work with innovators in the following range of sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Clean Technologies
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
Traditional models of business accelerators are focused on companies in an early stage of idea development. Their mission is to help define and shape the idea in the hope that it might evolve into a viable business model.
The RIC Centre Incubator recruits companies that have a viable business on the verge of launching to the next level of growth. Our mission is to define their path to market, in part, by exploring and securing partnerships that will open access to capital, to connections and to paying customers.
And the RIC Centre Business Incubator does not pursue an equity position in our client‘s businesses nor in the intellectual property they have developed.
To receive access to all of RIC Centre’s programs and services, and to be considered for the RIC Centre Incubator, please make sure you complete our “Join RIC Centre” form here along with the Incubator Application.
Building Industry Connections, Accelerating Business Growth
The RIC Centre Business Incubator offers world-class research and support services to help fast track innovative businesses to market with a focus towards the convergence of technologies in the advanced manufacturing, clean technologies, and industrial Internet of Things sectors.
The incubator includes five office spaces where selected RIC clients will take up residence and have access to RIC’s Entrepreneur in Residence mentoring services for a period of six months. Based on their specific needs, clients also have a wealth of technology and research facilities available through the XRCC fee-for-service model.
Companies who get the most value from RIC Centre’s Incubator program generally fit the following criteria:
- Are nearly ready to launch their product (MVP, beta or commercial), or have already made sales (depends on industry)
- Can realistically achieve a specific, significant business milestone in the next six months
- Require office space to work from daily
If selected, your company will benefit from:
- Private office space
- Access to meeting rooms (with up to 130 people capacity!)
- Accelerated mentorship model with priority access to Entrepreneurs-in-Residence, and our 20+ volunteer advisors
- First choice at monthly Professional Service Provider Office Hours (IP, legal, marketing, accounting, and government grants)
- Ability to choose topics for our informative bi-weekly Expert Speaker Series seminars speaker seminar series
- Perfect your pitching skills by fast-tracking through our Champion Series of 3 progressive pitch panels
- Exceptional networking opportunities at our private CEO Peer2Peer events
- Targeted feedback from our network of angel and VC group representatives to make your company investable
New businesses built on innovation need help opening doors and making essential connections that will grow their business and accelerate their market expansion. The RIC Centre Incubator offers a dynamic, collaborative environment along with the global credibility of XRCC, to provide low-cost yet, essential business-building services.
Successful applicants are given milestones to keep their business development on track as they progress through RIC’s advanced incubator program. There is a nominal monthly fee for office space and incubator programming. Our sole goal is to help you fast-track your business to market in a six-month time frame!